SABIC, a global leader in the chemical industry will showcase for the first time in the Americas, STADECK heavy duty-panels for scaffolding and numerous other applications, at the NAHB – International Builders Show in Las Vegas on February 19–21. This follows the successful launch of these high-strength but extremely lightweight panels for the building and construction industry in Europe last year.   Lightweight and highly durable, STADECK panels are made from glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic resin and are up to 60 percent lighter than wooden planks. The weight savings have an important influence on energy consumption during transport where SABIC estimates the total savings cost can be over 30 percent. Moreover, the excellent recyclability and long expected lifetime of STADECK panels make them more sustainable and efficient than standard wooden planks often used for scaffolding.   Due to their unique construction, STADECK panels can stay outdoors for long periods and never rot or corrode. The panels are highly resistant to weathering, which means they withstand not only UV radiation and rain, but also chemicals commonly used in the construction industry. They have excellent flame-retardant properties as well.   STADECK panels conform to NEN-EN 12811-1, the European standard that specifies performance requirements and methods of structural and general design for access and working scaffolds. They also have anti-slip properties, which is an important requirement for workers on building sites.   In addition to scaffolding, the panels offer significant advantages in applications where weight saving and high strength are important. STADECK panels are well suited for frame works decking, fencing, floodwalls, jetties, sheathing, wheel chair ramps and numerous other purposes. They can be installed quickly and easily, which makes them ideal for temporary applications such as flooring at events and festivals. Because they are more lightweight, they are also easier to handle than wooden panels.   The panels, which can be produced in different colors, come in standard dimensions - gauge 2.165 in, width 9.06 in; and lengths of 118 in and 236 in - with custom lengths available on request.   For more information:   END   NOTES TO EDITORS  
  • SABIC and brands marked with ™ are trademarks of SABIC or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
  • High-resolution photos are available upon request.
  • SABIC should be written in every instance in all uppercase.
  • © 2019 Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC). All Rights Reserved.
  • Any brands, products or services of other companies referenced in this document are the trademarks, service marks and/or trade names of their respective holders.
    ABOUT SABIC   SABIC is a global leader in diversified chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. We manufacture on a global scale in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific, making distinctly different kinds of products: chemicals, commodity and high performance plastics, agri-nutrients and metals.   We support our customers by identifying and developing opportunities in key end markets such as construction, medical devices, packaging, agri-nutrients, electrical and electronics, transportation and clean energy.   SABIC recorded a net profit of SR 18.4 billion (US$ 4.9 billion) in 2017. Sales revenues for 2017 totaled SR 149.8 billion (US$ 39.9 billion). Total assets stood at SR 322.5 billion (US$ 86 billion) at the end of 2017. Production in 2017 stood at 71.2 million metric tons.   SABIC has more than 34,000 employees worldwide and operates in more than 50 countries. Fostering innovation and a spirit of ingenuity, we have 11,534 global patent filings, and have significant research resources with innovation hubs in five key geographies – USA, Europe, Middle East, South Asia and North Asia.   The Saudi Arabian government owns 70 percent of SABIC shares with the remaining 30 percent publicly traded on the Saudi stock exchange.     PHOTOS AND CAPTIONS   Lightweight STADECK™ panels are made from glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic resin. STADECK™ panels are suited to building applications such as scaffolding, water protection walls, temporary floors for festivals, garden fences, frame works and many more…     SABIC Media Contacts   Nicole Teljeur E: T: +31 164 291 616   Marketing Solutions Kevin Noels E: T: +32 3 31 30 311     This press release and relevant photography can be downloaded from Alternatively, for very high resolution pictures please contact: Kevin Noels (, +32 3 31 30 311).