LEXAN™ Flame, Smoke & Toxicity Sheet SABIC's LEXAN™ sheet portfolio helps aircraft and railway interior OEMs reduce interior weight, conserve fuel and lower emissions which comply with flame-smoke-toxicity regulations.
With its ongoing commitment to the aircraft and railway interior sector, SABIC offers a range of high-performance products that help aircraft and rail OEMs reduce interior weight, conserve fuel and lower emissions. These products fully comply with aircraft interior flame-smoke-toxicity and aircraft manufacturer’s toxicity requirements, as well as railway interior EN 45545 standard regulations. They also enhance the aesthetics, safety and comfort of the cabin environment.
- Aircraft seating
- Cockpit linings
- Window surrounds
- Door shrouds and other interior components
- Structural supports
- Galley applications such as coffee maker chassis and tray table arms
- Windows, light diffusers and signs
- Extreme toughness
- Flame retardance
- Compliance with flame-smoke-toxicity regulations including:
- Vertical burn test - FAR 25.853 (a) Appendix F Part I
- Heat release (OSU65/65) - FAR 25.853 (d) Appendix F Part IV
- Smoke density FAR 25.853 (d) Appendix F Part V
- Toxicity requirements of AIRBUS ABD0031 and BOEING BSS7239